Sunday, February 25, 2007

Too Much Fun

A friend e-mailed me in early January noting I hadn't updated my blog as often as I had while I was in Korea. She added that she hoped I was too busy and having too much fun. That's kinda true.

Since my last travel update in August I've done some more trekking across Europe. In late September I happened across a small gathering in Munich. The festival seemed to center around beer. They had many kegs of beer:


Even more mugs for the beer:


I sampled some of the food and beverages available and then took a look at what else was around.

This is what I found:



The Eurostar is a large, inverted roller coaster. That by itself is pretty cool. The mind-blowing piece is this: it's a traveling coaster. When one fest ends they pack it up and move on to the next. This isn't some little tinker-toy coaster that you would see at a state or county fair. This is almost 100 feet tall, has a half-mile of track, and reaches a top speed of just over 50 mph (the same max speed as Batman: The Ride at the Six Flags Parks).

I don't know whether a maß or more of beer makes the ride more or less enjoyable. I'm just happy I saw only one sidewalk pancake.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home