Saturday, February 12, 2005

Yongsan Electronics Market

I decided to re-try the Yongsan Electronics Market today. Wow. There are supposedly at least 12 separate buildings housing the largest electronics market in Asia. I can't imagine anything larger. The first building I wandered into was 9 stories tall and almost every floor was full of dealers selling everything from air conditioners and self cleaning toilet seats (I kid you not) to digital cameras and mp3 players. There was one floor completely dedicated to cell phones. And the floors weren't small either. I'm vary bad at estimating areas, but it would take a good 2-3 minutes to walk briskly from one end of the building to the other. And that was building one. I found a second building through a long tunnel. That was 8-9 stories as well. That dumped you into a parking lot where people were selling pirated DVDs and other assorted merchandise.

I spent over two hours there and only made it into two of the buildings.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home