Tuesday, February 08, 2005

More Food




Today's trip to the store produced a can of white guava drink, a cup of ramen-type noodles and a bag of "Sweet Potato Snack." I had assumed that these would be chips made from sweet potatoes, which you can find in some places of the US and are usually excellent. When I opened the bag, however I discovered that the snack looked to be formed bowls or hats probably made of potato starch. The taste wasn't like any sweet potato I've ever had either. I think these were simply potato snacks that are sweet.




When I paid the clerk asked me if I liked noodles. I replied that I did and he noted "I think today is a good noodle day. Everyone is buying noodles." I told him I would be sure to enjoy them.

As I was leaving I thought I heard him ask me something about chapstick. I I looked at him, confused and her repeated "Do you have chap-stick?" Now Seoul in the winter is very dry and I have been battling with chapped lips, but this was the first time anyone had tried to push chap stick on me. I replied no, mostly out of shock as I had a tube in my pocket. He came out from behind the counter and moved toward the refrigerated food section. It was then that I realized that he was saying "chopsticks." I told him that I did and left. I can only wonder what he would have thought if I had pulled out my chap stick and said "Yup, got it right here. Don't need any more."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home